Your goals are at the center of the conversation
Meeting with a SmartFin Wealth Management financial advisor is an important first step. It’s an opportunity to get to know an advisor and share your goals and dreams. You’re under no obligation; your initial meeting with a SmartFin Wealth Management financial advisor will be relaxed and informal.
Your meeting will include a review of your existing financial situation and potential opportunities, gaps or general strategies. While you won’t receive a comprehensive review or financial planning services for which fees are charged, you should expect to get a sense of what it might be like to work together.
We strive to build long-lasting relationship with our clients, offering ongoing education and guidance. We can help you feel confident, connected and always in control of your financial life.
Take the first step toward a more confident financial future by setting up an initial conversation.
What to expect
- Professional help in clarifying your financial goals and priorities
- If you decide to purchase a financial planning service, you will receive sound financial advice at a fair price, tailored to your investment objectives
- Accurate information about our tailored solutions, including risks, benefits and costs
- Comprehensive Financial Plan (60 -70 PagesWritten Report) or Modular / Special Goal Plan (25-30 Pages Written Report)
What to bring
- A list of any questions you have regarding your current financial situation
- Any account statements, budget information or other areas of your financial life that you feel deserve immediate attention
- A list of future dreams and financial goals you would like to achieve, including both short- and long-term goals
- List of documents as per the mail sent to you.
Working together starts from day one and requires effort on both parts.
For your part, that means sharing a lot of data and answering several important questions.
One size doesn’t fit all, so the better we understand your situation, the better your plan will help you achieve your goals.
#1 / Evaluate
At our initial consultation, we’ll ask a lot of questions to better understand your goals and current circumstances.
After our initial consultation, you’ll receive our proposal outlining the scope of work we have discussed. Once you decide to move forward, we’ll get to work!
To develop a plan designed for your goals, we need thorough information on your current situation. We use the latest technology and tools to make the most of your time and gather complete and accurate information.
We will schedule a Base Facts call to verify that we have accurate and complete information prior to starting the planning work.
This information is the foundation for building YOUR plan.
#2 / Plan
Then, we spend time developing a customized financial plan that is focused on your goals.
Based on our discussions and the information you’ve shared, we’ll propose action steps to better align your financial realities of today with your goals for tomorrow.
During your Plan Delivery meeting, we’ll share our observations, recommendations, and review any additional plan scenarios that will help you explore different goals, timelines, and priorities. (such as a scenario to retire early or one that shows a future second home or business idea)
We share a lot of detailed data, but we also share a client-friendly summary document to help keep the main points close at hand.
#3 / Implement
During the Plan Delivery meeting, we’ll cover the next steps associated with bringing your plan to life.
These action steps may include one, many, or all of the following:
- Investment management (including sustainable/socially responsible investing)
- Retirement planning
- Cash flow management
- Developing personal financial statements
- Education funding strategies
- Insurance planning
- Income tax planning
- Estate planning
- Charitable giving strategies
As an ongoing asset management or retainer client, we’ll set a list of priorities and work with you to help you achieve your goals.
If you’ve chosen hourly planning only, you will know what your next steps need to be to implement your plan.
#4 / Adjust
Life happens! As your family dynamics, career, goals, or other circumstances change, we can update your plan to be sure it still meets your objectives. Your plan should adjust for these ongoing changes.
As an asset management or retainer client, this becomes part of your regular review meeting agenda.
If you’ve chosen hourly financial planning only, we can re-engage with your plan whenever you are ready.